- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
SILVER LAKE, Mo. -- Floyd R. "Junior" Zoellner, 61, of Silver Lake died Sunday, Dec. 19, 2004, at his home.
He was born Aug. 13, 1943, in Perry County, Mo., son of Floyd A. and Helen Keller Zoellner. He and Donna D. Whistler were married April 15, 1967.
Zoellner was retired from General Motors Corp. He was a member of St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church at Silver Lake, American Legion Post 133 and Knights of Columbus Council 1263.
He served in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Shannon Lamb of O'Fallon, Mo., Stacie Berkbuegler of Perryville, Mo.; a son, Shawn Zoellner of Silver Lake; three sisters, Shirley Abel of Dittmer, Mo., Mary Ann Dodd and Alberta Winschel of Perryville; six brothers, Gilbert, Albert, Joseph and Sylvester Zoellner, all of Perryville, Ronald Zoellner of Maryland Heights, Mo., Merlin Zoellner of Flint, Mich.; and four grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a sister.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville from 4 to 9 today, and Wednesday from 6:30 to 9:15 a.m. The Catholic wake will be at 6 tonight, followed by the American Legion wake at 6:15. The rosary will be recited at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Rose of Lima Church at Silver Lake. The Revs. Kevin Fausz and Al Hoernig will officiate. Burial will be in St. Rose of Lima Cemetery, with military graveside rites by American Legion Post 133.