- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
James Donald "J.D." Turner, 75, of Centralia, Ill., died Friday, Dec. 17, 2004, at a hospital in Lake Placid, Fla.
He was born June 5, 1929, in Winfield, Mo., son of Ersel and Edna Gallop Turner. He and Melva Garland Hart were married Nov. 1, 1976.
Turner was a truck driver with Valley Steel 35 years, retiring in 1991. He was formerly of Jackson.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, J.D. "Dennis" Turner of Sikeston, Mo., T.J. Turner of Terre Haute, Ind.; a daughter, Becky Simpson of Centralia; a brother, Joe Turner of Farmington, Mo.; seven grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a sister.
A private memorial service will be held. Irvin Funeral Home in Centralia is in charge of arrangements.