- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Arbra Louise Davis Silvius, 78, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, April 4, 2009, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born April 25, 1930, in Imperial, Calif., daughter of Joseph Earl and Sara Ann Riggins Davis. She and Ralph Silvius were married May 17, 1946.
Arbra had been a bookkeeper and also was a square dance instructor. She traveled all over North America and to Hawaii with her husband, who was a professional square dance caller.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Joseph Earl Silvius of Berry Creek, Calif.; and Robert Lynn Silvius of Lake Tahoe, Calif.; a brother, Joseph Earl "Jerry" Davis Jr. of Oroville, Calif.; a sister, Agnes Florine Bailey of Cape Girardeau; seven grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a son, Ronald Silvius.
No services are planned. Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.