- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
EDWARDSVILLE, Ill. -- Rebecca J. Seyer, 48, of Edwardsville, formerly of Cardwell, Mo., died Friday, April 3, 2009, at St. Louis University Hospital after a long illness.
She was born Jan. 11, 1961, in Hammond, Ind., daughter of Gerald Donald and Cassie Lou Bishop. She and Jeffrey Seyer were married June 8, 1985, in Cape Girardeau.
Seyer was a Southeast Missouri State University graduate and worked as an accountant.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Aaron J. Seyer and Nicholas R. Seyer, all of Edwardsville; two brothers; three sisters; and her maternal grandmother.
Visitation will be from 5 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at Weber and Rodney Funeral Home in Edwardsville.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Taylor Wells officiating.
Burial will be at Sunset Hill Memorial Estates in Glen Carbon, Ill.