- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
Marble Hill Ward I Alderman Clint Lacy endorses Challenger
It is my honor to endorse the candidacy of Josh Andrews for Ward I alderman, City of Marble Hill.
Josh is an honest, principled man who will stand with and for the people of Marble Hill. His candidacy has already made a positive impact for the citizens in his neighborhood.
One of the reasons Josh decided to run for office was the fact that a fire hydrant had been leaking near his home for over 7 months. I had taken his complaints to City Hall for the past 6 months and was led to believe that it would be a major undertaking to fix it.
Ironically it was fixed this week , the total time of the repair was approximately 30 minutes.
Last year I ran my campaign on a platform of making improvements to the City and being a true representative of the citizens.
I enjoyed limited success in these endeavors, partly because I am outnumbered 3 to 1 on the Board of Aldermen.
The election of Josh Andrews to Ward I Alderman this Tuesday will bring much needed help and a greater representation for the citizens of Marble Hill.