- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
Ask and you shall receive
To the editor:
There is one truth about the Catholic Church: The more you study it with an open mind and ask Jesus to guide you to truth, the more you will love the Catholic Church.
This is what happened to me several years ago. I was on the fence ready to leave the church. I got down on my knees on two different occasions and asked Jesus to guide me. If the church was lying to me as I was being told, I wanted to know. I prayed: "I only wish to do your will, Jesus. Please guide me. Help me." To say he answered my prayers is an understatement. I cannot go into details, but it was one thing after another after another. The last several years have been a whirlwind of love and understanding.
I recommend this study for anyone who is willing to put Jesus in control of his life. I especially recommend it to all Catholics who have questions.
Ask and you shall receive. Seek and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened.
GERARD MACKE, Leopold, Mo.