- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)13
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
Ask and you shall receive
To the editor:
There is one truth about the Catholic Church: The more you study it with an open mind and ask Jesus to guide you to truth, the more you will love the Catholic Church.
This is what happened to me several years ago. I was on the fence ready to leave the church. I got down on my knees on two different occasions and asked Jesus to guide me. If the church was lying to me as I was being told, I wanted to know. I prayed: "I only wish to do your will, Jesus. Please guide me. Help me." To say he answered my prayers is an understatement. I cannot go into details, but it was one thing after another after another. The last several years have been a whirlwind of love and understanding.
I recommend this study for anyone who is willing to put Jesus in control of his life. I especially recommend it to all Catholics who have questions.
Ask and you shall receive. Seek and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened.
GERARD MACKE, Leopold, Mo.