- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
- Owner of dinosaur relics demands new board of directors, business plan at Bollinger County Museum (10/17/17)
Ask and you shall receive
To the editor:
There is one truth about the Catholic Church: The more you study it with an open mind and ask Jesus to guide you to truth, the more you will love the Catholic Church.
This is what happened to me several years ago. I was on the fence ready to leave the church. I got down on my knees on two different occasions and asked Jesus to guide me. If the church was lying to me as I was being told, I wanted to know. I prayed: "I only wish to do your will, Jesus. Please guide me. Help me." To say he answered my prayers is an understatement. I cannot go into details, but it was one thing after another after another. The last several years have been a whirlwind of love and understanding.
I recommend this study for anyone who is willing to put Jesus in control of his life. I especially recommend it to all Catholics who have questions.
Ask and you shall receive. Seek and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened.
GERARD MACKE, Leopold, Mo.