- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Ask and you shall receive
To the editor:
There is one truth about the Catholic Church: The more you study it with an open mind and ask Jesus to guide you to truth, the more you will love the Catholic Church.
This is what happened to me several years ago. I was on the fence ready to leave the church. I got down on my knees on two different occasions and asked Jesus to guide me. If the church was lying to me as I was being told, I wanted to know. I prayed: "I only wish to do your will, Jesus. Please guide me. Help me." To say he answered my prayers is an understatement. I cannot go into details, but it was one thing after another after another. The last several years have been a whirlwind of love and understanding.
I recommend this study for anyone who is willing to put Jesus in control of his life. I especially recommend it to all Catholics who have questions.
Ask and you shall receive. Seek and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened.
GERARD MACKE, Leopold, Mo.