- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)1
Ask and you shall receive
To the editor:
There is one truth about the Catholic Church: The more you study it with an open mind and ask Jesus to guide you to truth, the more you will love the Catholic Church.
This is what happened to me several years ago. I was on the fence ready to leave the church. I got down on my knees on two different occasions and asked Jesus to guide me. If the church was lying to me as I was being told, I wanted to know. I prayed: "I only wish to do your will, Jesus. Please guide me. Help me." To say he answered my prayers is an understatement. I cannot go into details, but it was one thing after another after another. The last several years have been a whirlwind of love and understanding.
I recommend this study for anyone who is willing to put Jesus in control of his life. I especially recommend it to all Catholics who have questions.
Ask and you shall receive. Seek and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened.
GERARD MACKE, Leopold, Mo.