- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Ankiel, Greene homer to lead St. Louis past Memphis
MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Rick Ankiel and Khalil Greene each hit a two-run homer and the St. Louis Cardinals beat the Class AAA Memphis Redbirds 7-3 on Saturday.
Joel Pineiro allowed three runs, two earned, and three hits in seven innings for St. Louis. He only allowed one hit after the first inning and retired the last 14 batters he faced.
Shane Robinson had two hits of the Redbirds' four hits and scored two runs. Memphis scored on a double steal and also got one on an error by second baseman Skip Schumaker.
Ankiel went deep in the first inning and Greene connected in the third.