- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)4
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Business notebook: Plastics firm moves to area to help laid-off workers (06/20/16)1
Detroit police halt pillow fight
DETROIT -- Police in Detroit have ruffled some feathers after they cracked down on an organized pillow fight at a downtown park.
The Detroit News reports that police at Campus Martius Park prevented the feathery fight Saturday by disarming pillow-toting participants. The bout was part of a worldwide event organized on social networking websites.
Michael Davis of Hamtramck says police confiscated the 32-year-old man's pillows but returned their cases. He said he was told he needed a permit.
Scott Harris of Ferndale, Mich., told the News that it's "not illegal to own a pillow."
Detroit police spokesman James Tate said cleanup was the issue.