- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Police report 4/5/09
The Cape Girardeau Police Department released the following items. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* A subject is in custody pending charges of driving while intoxicated and endangering the welfare of a child.
* James J. Bearden II, 18, of St. Louis was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated and failure to maintain lane.
* Wesley R. Raines, 50, 1520 Price Drive, was arrested on suspicion of trespassing.
* Clarence E. Geiger III, 19, 1126 S. Ellis St., was arrested on four Cape Girardeau warrants for contempt of court for two instances of assault, property damage and a fireworks violation.
* Marcus A. D. Rice, 22, 1424 Perryville Road, was arrested on a Cape Girardeau warrant for probation violation and a suspended operator's license.
* Reyes R. Candelaria, 48, 329 Albert St., received a summons for a leash-law violation.
* Cynthia D. Arnold, of Poplar Bluff, Mo., received a summons for suspended operator's license and failure to maintain lane.
* Donna F. Smithey, 38008 Grapevine Trail, received a summons for no proof of insurance and improper lane use.
* Michael Vincent Chappius, 19, of Perryville, Mo., received a summons for a noise violation.
* Demetrius Anthony Lee Willis, 19, 1728 N. Kingshighway, Apt. 15, received a summons for a noise violation and driving while suspended.
* A burglary was reported at 130 Pearl St.
* A theft was reported at 2806 Independence St.
* Dollar General, 724 Broadway, reported stolen money.
* Bi-State Southern, 612 S. Sprigg St., reported stolen gasoline.
* A stolen purse and window damage were reported at Fountain and Pearl streets.
* Rhodes 101, 546 S. Sprigg St., reported stolen gasoline.
* Amerimart, 865 N. Kingshighway, reported stolen gasoline.
* Wal-Mart, 3439 William St., reported stolen alcohol. Cenethia Dashea Makins, 28, 516 Cape Meadows Circle, Apt. 42, was arrested in connection with the incident.
* Macy's, 3049 William St., reported stolen jewelry. Niki Rea Detjen, 24, 507 Cape Meadows Circle, was arrested in connection with the incident.
* A vehicle was reported scratched at 3439 William St.
* Vehicle damage was reported at 820 N. Sprigg St.
* An animal bite was reported at 944 East Rodney Drive.
* A 23-year-old man was taken into protective custody.
* A 37-year-old man was taken into protective custody.
The Jackson Police Department reported the following items.
* Theft was reported in the 700 block of West Jackson Boulevard.
* Theft was reported in the 900 block of West Independence Street.
* Evelyn C. Clippard, 65, 226 Chestnut Lane, received a summons for failure to wear a seat belt.
* Courtney V. Aufdenberg, 20, 5069 State Highway 72, received a summons for supplying to a minor by selling.
* Dylan L. Kaminskey, 16, 301 Sandy Ridge, received a summons for speeding.
* Property damage was reported in the 3000 block of East Jackson Boulevard.
* Harassment was reported in the 500 block of South Hope Street.