- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Port Cape Girardeau evacuated after lunchtime fire
About 25 people evacuated Port Cape Girardeau restaurant Saturday afternoon because of a cooking fire.
The Cape Girardeau Fire Department responded at about 1 p.m. and extinguished the fire in about 15 minutes, said battalion chief Brad Dillow.
He said the damage was contained to the kitchen. Crews cleared smoke from the building for about an hour, he said. There were no injuries.
The bar and ice cream parlor stayed open, but food service was not available.
Owner Doc Cain said the restaurant will be open today.