- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Victims of alleged Ponzi scheme seek compensation from killer's victims (8/21/16)3
- Cape Central football team falls to state-ranked Liberty in Pixley's debut (8/20/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
Port Cape Girardeau evacuated after lunchtime fire
About 25 people evacuated Port Cape Girardeau restaurant Saturday afternoon because of a cooking fire.
The Cape Girardeau Fire Department responded at about 1 p.m. and extinguished the fire in about 15 minutes, said battalion chief Brad Dillow.
He said the damage was contained to the kitchen. Crews cleared smoke from the building for about an hour, he said. There were no injuries.
The bar and ice cream parlor stayed open, but food service was not available.
Owner Doc Cain said the restaurant will be open today.