- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
OU's Griffin voted AP player of the year
DETROIT -- Oklahoma sophomore forward Blake Griffin was the runaway choice as The Associated Press' college basketball player of the year.
The 6-foot-10 Griffin averaged 22.7 points and led the nation with 14.4 rebounds per game while shooting a Big 12 record 65.4 percent from the field. Griffin led the Sooners to a 30-6 record and the regional finals of the NCAA tournament.Griffin had 30 double-doubles this season.
He received 66 votes from the 71-member national media panel that selects the weekly Top 25.
Tyler Hansbrough of North Carolina, who won the award last year, received two votes as did DeJuan Blair of Pittsburgh.