- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
MU board approves contract
COLUMBIA, Mo. -- The new seven-year deal for Missouri men's basketball coach Mike Anderson has been approved by the university board.
The board OK'd the contract Friday after the school announced the new deal earlier this week. Anderson will earn $1.35 million each year as well as an additional $200,000 in deferred annual payments.
The contract boosts Anderson's annual salary by $500,000. The third-year coach led Missouri to a school-record 31 wins and a Big 12 conference tournament championship. He guided the Tigers to the brink of the Final Four before losing to top-seeded Connecticut in the NCAA tournament.
Anderson finished fifth in the AP coach of the year voting Friday. The award was won by Kansas' Bill Self.