- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Jackson Board of Aldermen action 12/21/04
BOARD OF ALDERMEN ACTION
* Set the date of the joint Jackson and Cape Girardeau city council meeting for 7 p.m. Jan. 24 at the Osage Community Centre in Cape Girardeau.
* Approved a change order to Dutch Enterprises Inc., for $15,529 increase and a 30-day time extension for the West Jackson Boulevard/South Hope Street water and sewer relocation project.
* Approved $3,000 donations to the Cape Girardeau County Transit Authority and the Jackson Senior Center for services provided to the residents of Jackson.
* Approved a resolution supporting the Jackson Chamber of Commerce's request for a management contract with the state of Missouri relative to the operation of the Jackson License Bureau.
* Approved the 2005 budget and employee compensation plan.
* Approved the voluntary annexation of 0.507 acres of property on Old Toll Road with the Chug Crites Trust.
* Accepted sewer and recreation trail easements from PB Properties LLC and the Shelby Brown and Mildred Brown Trust, relative to the Elwanda Drive relief sewer Reach A project.
* Approved a prioritized list of road and bridge improvements, relative to the Cape Girardeau County Road and Bridge Tax escrow monies.
* Accepted 14.45 acres of property from PB Properties LLC.