- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
St. Louis pounds Memphis affiliate
MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Albert Pujols drove in six runs and Ryan Ludwick hit a two-run homer as the St. Louis Cardinals defeated the Class AAA Memphis Redbirds 13-1 on Friday night at AutoZone Park.
Pujols launched a two-run homer onto the left-field bluff in the third inning -- his second homer of the spring -- and hit a three-run double into the left-field corner in the fourth.
He added a run-scoring single in the fifth in the first of two exhibition games between the clubs this weekend.
Catcher Matt Pagnozzi, the nephew of former St. Louis catcher Tom Pagnozzi, drove in the Redbirds' run with a single.