Cape Girardeau City Council action 12/21/04
Tuesday, December 21, 2004
CITY COUNCIL ACTION
(Second and third readings)
* Authorized the acquisition of property for the improvement of Broadway between Perry Avenue and Houck Place.
* Amended the boundaries of a sewer district to include the new Kohl's store development.
* Approved an ordinance that mirrors a new state law requiring motorists to turn on their vehicle headlights when windshield wipers are in use and during periods of fog.
* Granted a special-use permit to Terry and Cynthia Cole and Gary and Debbie DeWitt for the purpose of constructing and maintaining a sign at 2907 Independence St.
* Granted a special-use permit to AJL Investments LLC for the purpose of constructing and maintaining a sign at 1417 N. Mount Auburn Road.
* Approved the record plat of Wyman Subdivision.
* Established a new handicapped parking zone on Perry Avenue.
* Appropriated funds for operating expenditures, capital expenditures and operating transfers for the fiscal year ending June 30. Passage gives final approval to new pay plan for city employees.
* Approved the record plat of Silverthorne Second Subdivision on Silverthorne Trail.
* Executed an agreement with the Missouri State Highways and Transportation Commission for construction of a left-turn lane at Route K and Notre Dame Drive.
* Accepted a broker proposal submitted by Finch and Marchbanks for short- and long-term disability insurance.
* Accepted a proposal submitted by Healthy Alliance for life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
* Executed an addendum to an agreement with Strickland Engineering for modification of the heating and cooling system at the police department.
* Amended an agreement with Jacobs Civil Inc. for the South Ramsey sewer lift station.
* Accepted a proposal from Banner Fire Equipment Inc. for the purchase of an aerial ladder truck at a cost of $557,557.
* Accepted the 2005 STOP Violence Against Women grant from the Missouri Department of Public Safety to pay the salary of a police officer to investigate incidents of domestic violence and sexual assault.
* Appointed Bill Eddleman to the Historic Preservation Commission.
* Appointed Doug Austin, Shirley Patterson, Scott Johnson, Philip Nacy and Wes Wright to the Vision 2020 Community Relations Council.
* Appointed Jess Hopple to the Board of Adjustment.
* Appointed Paul Mingus to the Cable Television Advisory Committee.
* Appointed Jay Knudtson to the Parks Development Foundation.
* Appointed Jay Knudtson and Matt Hopkins to the Cape Girardeau Area Magnet, an economic development and industrial recruitment organization.
* Gave conditional approval of a temporary 5 percent beer by-the-drink liquor license for Hugh J. McGowan IV d/b/a Southeast Missouri Hospital Foundation for an event to be held Dec. 31 to Jan. 1 at the Arena Building.
* Approved the preliminary plat of Timber Creek Subdivision on the south side of Lexington Avenue between Cape Rock Drive and Old Sprigg Street Road.
* Accepted improvements to Independence Street from Pacific Street to Sprigg Street and authorizing final payment to Lappe Cement Finishing Inc.