- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Scott County deputies recover $20,000 in stolen property
BENTON, Mo. -- The Scott County Sheriff's Department recovered $20,000 worth of stolen property, leading to charges against three adults and two juveniles, according to a sheriff's department news release.
Most of the items were stolen in March, but one item, an all-terrain vehicle, was stolen from the Kelso, Mo., area in December 2007. The March thefts occurred in Oran, Blodgett, Vanduser and the area north of Sikeston, Mo., known as the mini farm. Stolen items included 12 tires, stereo speakers, a stereo amplifier, two ATVs and a 16-foot flatbed trailer.
Beverly Owens, 40, of Sikeston was charged with four counts of felony stealing, and her bond was set at $5,000. Ricky V. Nelson, 48, of Sikeston was charged with two counts of felony stealing, and his bond was set at $15,000. Jody L. Emery, 18, of Caruthersville, Mo., was charged with three counts of felony stealing, with bond set at $15,000. Two juveniles were also arrested.