- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Repeal the 22nd Amendment
It has become increasingly evident that the agenda of our new president, Barack Obama, is aggressive. But there is a good reason for this, as there is much that desperately needs to be done.
The only way to get everything accomplished is to give President Obama more time in office. Eight years simply isn't going to be enough for him or this country.
We need a national call to arms to repeal the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution, ending the two-term limit our president can legally serve.
I propose to name this bold new movement "A Committee to Repeal the Amendment Impeding Progress," or ACRAP. As head of this organization, I plan to raise money in every one of the 58 states President Obama referred to during his campaign. I am confident the national news media will back me, because they are already deeply involved in the restructuring of our national priorities. And I know that the U.N. would be behind us as well.
Please support the repeal of this short-sighted amendment. Should folks send me money, I will send each one a bumper sticker in appreciation that says, "I gave ACRAP."
R. SCOTT MATTHEWS Jr., Sikeston, Mo.