- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)3
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Judge denies request to revoke sheriff's bond (6/25/17)3
Repeal the 22nd Amendment
It has become increasingly evident that the agenda of our new president, Barack Obama, is aggressive. But there is a good reason for this, as there is much that desperately needs to be done.
The only way to get everything accomplished is to give President Obama more time in office. Eight years simply isn't going to be enough for him or this country.
We need a national call to arms to repeal the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution, ending the two-term limit our president can legally serve.
I propose to name this bold new movement "A Committee to Repeal the Amendment Impeding Progress," or ACRAP. As head of this organization, I plan to raise money in every one of the 58 states President Obama referred to during his campaign. I am confident the national news media will back me, because they are already deeply involved in the restructuring of our national priorities. And I know that the U.N. would be behind us as well.
Please support the repeal of this short-sighted amendment. Should folks send me money, I will send each one a bumper sticker in appreciation that says, "I gave ACRAP."
R. SCOTT MATTHEWS Jr., Sikeston, Mo.