- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Repeal the 22nd Amendment
It has become increasingly evident that the agenda of our new president, Barack Obama, is aggressive. But there is a good reason for this, as there is much that desperately needs to be done.
The only way to get everything accomplished is to give President Obama more time in office. Eight years simply isn't going to be enough for him or this country.
We need a national call to arms to repeal the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution, ending the two-term limit our president can legally serve.
I propose to name this bold new movement "A Committee to Repeal the Amendment Impeding Progress," or ACRAP. As head of this organization, I plan to raise money in every one of the 58 states President Obama referred to during his campaign. I am confident the national news media will back me, because they are already deeply involved in the restructuring of our national priorities. And I know that the U.N. would be behind us as well.
Please support the repeal of this short-sighted amendment. Should folks send me money, I will send each one a bumper sticker in appreciation that says, "I gave ACRAP."
R. SCOTT MATTHEWS Jr., Sikeston, Mo.