- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Drugs, firearm found at Cape house
A search of a local residence by the Cape Girardeau police's Special Response Team led to the arrest of an individual Monday afternoon after drugs and a firearm were found.
At 12:58 p.m., the team executed a search warrant at 127 S. Lorimier St., Apt. 1, and found small amounts of marijuana, crack cocaine and a handgun leading to the arrest of one suspect, Sgt. Rick Schmidt said. No charges have yet been filed. The search was the result of an investigation by the SEMO Drug Task Force.
Police officials said using the Special Response Team is not uncommon when the presence of firearms is suspected.