- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Michael - 50 years
COMMERCE, Mo. -- Mr. and Mrs. Robert C. "Bob" Michael Jr. of Commerce celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary by attending St. Paul United Methodist Church, followed by a brunch reception in the fellowship hall March 1. Hosts were their children and grandchildren.
Michael and Sandra K. "Sonnie" Cotner were married March 1, 1959, at Maple United Methodist Church by the Rev. David Finley. Their attendants were Donna Cotner Hindman, Ruth Bingenheimer Meyer, Joe Michael and James Ranney.
The couple has two daughters, Rhonda (Don) Painton of Painton, Mo., and Leslie Michael of Alexandria, La. They have two grandsons, Michael Painton of Muncie, Ind., and Marcus Painton of Painton.
The Michaels are still active in farming in the Benton and Commerce area.