- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Halter - Vandeven
LEOPOLD, Mo. -- Alicia Renea Halter and Michael Gene Vandeven were married April 5, 2008, at St. John's Catholic Church. Monsignor Ed Eftink performed the ceremony. Servers were Corey Yount and Austin Scott of Leopold, cousins of the bride. Readers were Dennis and Pam Horrell of Leopold, godparents of the bride.
Organist was Kelly Irvin, and vocalists were Amy Hampton and Bob Clubb, all of Leopold.
The bride is the daughter of Gary and Mary Meyer of Leopold, and Michael Halter of Cape Girardeau. The groom is the son of Randy and Carol Mayfield of Sedgewickville, Mo.
Matron of honor was Emma Campbell of Leopold. Bridesmaids were Julia Horrell and Stephanie Horrell of Leopold; Heidi Debrock of Oran, Mo.; and Lindsey Mayfield of Sedgewickville, sister of the groom.
Frank Vandeven of Leopold, cousin of the groom, was best man. Groomsmen were Donnie Landewee of Leopold, Ethan Mayfield of Sedgewickville, brother of the groom; Eric Halter of Ellisville, Mo., and Derek Halter of Defiance, Mo., brothers of the bride. Ushers were Matthew Jansen of Whitewater; John Tyler Broshuis, Andrew Jansen, and David Engelen, cousin of the bride; all of Leopold.
Flower girls were Paige and Faith Halter, and ringbearer was Braden Halter, nieces and nephew of the bride. Paige and Faith are daughters of Eric and Michelle Halter. Braden is the son of Derek and Stacy Halter.
Program attendants were Casey Graham of Leopold and Drake Scott of Sikeston, Mo., cousins of the bride.
The reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Leopold.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner April 4 at the KC Hall.
Mrs. Vandeven is employed by the Social Security Administration in Sikeston.
The groom is a technician with Beussink's Transmission in Leopold.
After a wedding trip to Gatlinburg, Tenn., the couple is residing in Leopold.