- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Laws - Deschenes
Jennifer Renee Laws and Christian Roland Deschenes were married Nov. 8, 2008, at Mount Mariah Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau. The Rev. Richard Summers performed the ceremony. Brett Yount played keyboards.
The bride is the daughter of Laurie Laws of Richland, Mo. Roland and Irene Deschenes of Wilton, Maine, are parents of the groom.
Maid of honor was Jessica Laws of Cape Girardeau, sister of the bride. Matron of honor was Heather Prince of Jackson.
Daniel Henson of Jackson was best man, and Mike Holtzclaw was groomsman. Usher was Wesley Renaud.
Flower girl was Ashlyn Prince.
Abigail Renaud attended the guest book.
The reception was held at he University Center.
The bride and groom and their families hosted the rehearsal dinner Nov. 7 at the Lincoln House.
Mrs. Deschenes is a 2003 graduate of Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences, with a certification in surgical technology. She is employed at Southeast Hospital.
The groom is a graduate of the University of Southern Maine, with certification in surgical technology. He is employed at Southeast Hospital.
The couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.