- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ANNA, Ill.-- Loren Eddleman, 81, of Anna died Sunday, March 29, 2009, at Life Care Hospital of Plano in Plano, Texas.
He was born Dec. 4, 1927, in Dongola, Ill., son of Grover C. and Emma Brown Eddleman. He and Linna Mae Harvick were married Dec. 8, 1945, in Mount Vernon, Ill.
Eddleman was a graduate of Dongola High School. He received a master's degree from Southern Illinois University in 1951.
He spent most of his professional career as an educator. He was a teacher, assistant county superintendent, director of Head Start and director of Special Projects Cooperative. He also was an educational specialist for the state of Illinois and served as superintendent of schools at Dongola Unit School District, Anna-Jonesboro Community High School District and Sparta Community Unit District.
After retiring as an educator, Eddleman was involved in real estate and is a former owner of Union County Realty.
Eddleman was an academic dean at Shawnee Community College, was on the college's board of trustees and served as interim president.
He was a member of National Education Association, American Legion, Church of Christ and Union County Farm Bureau.
Eddleman served in the U.S. Army during World War II.
Survivors include a son, Philip of Plano.
He was preceded in death by his wife, a son and two brothers.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Crain Funeral Home in Anna.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with R.W. McAllister officiating. Burial will be in Christian Chapel Cemetery.