- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
TROY, Mo. -- Alvin B. Pope, 66, of Troy died Monday, March 30, 2009, at Lincoln County Medical Center in Troy.
He was born Aug. 31, 1942, at Randles, son of Paul and Ruby Stephens Pope.
Alvin was a commercial truck driver more than 25 years for Valvoline Co. He moved to Lincoln County 32 years ago.
Survivors include a son, Alan Pope of Troy; a daughter, Debby Crecelius of Double Oaks, Texas; his mother, Ruby Pope of Fredericktown, Mo.; a brother, Melvin Pope of Whitewater; five grandchildren; and a great-granddaughter.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Visitation will be from 3 to 8 p.m. today at McCoy-Blossom Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Troy.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home. Burial will be in New Salem Cemetery at Winfield, Mo.