- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Marilynn Ann (Taz) Melton, 54, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, March 26, 2009, at St. Louis University Hospital in St. Louis.
She was born Aug. 11, 1954, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of James R. and Dorthea A. Rafferty Maxwell.
Melton was a graduate of St. Mary Grade School in 1969 and Notre Dame High School in 1973.
Survivors include a daughter, Christina (Michael) Limbach of Cape Girardeau; four sisters, Patricia (Harold) Kleinschmidt of Imperial, Mo., Susan Maxwell of Cape Girardeau; Dorthea (Ron) Sides of Ballwin, Mo., Judith Maxwell of Columbia, Mo.; a half sister, Lorraine Maxwell of St. Louis; two aunts, Sally (Keith) Farrar of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Marjorie Maxwell of Texas; two cousins, Bob (Annie) Rafferty of Seldovia, Alaska, Barb (Tom) Fitzgerald of Cape Girardeau; three grandchildren, Cheyenne Limbach, Colton Limbach and Hunter Limbach.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home, with parish prayers at 6 p.m.
Funeral service will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Mary's Cathedral, with the Rev. Tom Kiefer officiating.
Burial will be in St. Mary Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.