- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Headmaster sucks life out of vampire rumors
BOSTON -- The headmaster of a prestigious Boston school is trying to drive a stake through rumors that vampires roam the campus.
Lynne Mooney Teta sent a notice Thursday to teachers, students and parents associated with Boston Latin School. She denied the presence of vampires and said recent rumors were disrupting classes.
Apparently they were serious enough for Boston police to visit. Spokesman Eddy Chrispin said police were called to the school Wednesday to help quell the rumors.
The school was founded in 1635.