- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)4
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)7
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
Headmaster sucks life out of vampire rumors
BOSTON -- The headmaster of a prestigious Boston school is trying to drive a stake through rumors that vampires roam the campus.
Lynne Mooney Teta sent a notice Thursday to teachers, students and parents associated with Boston Latin School. She denied the presence of vampires and said recent rumors were disrupting classes.
Apparently they were serious enough for Boston police to visit. Spokesman Eddy Chrispin said police were called to the school Wednesday to help quell the rumors.
The school was founded in 1635.