- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Brandi Shane Nine and John Benjamin Ritter were united in marriage Aug. 28, 2004, at Francine's Gardens. The Rev. Sam Roethemeyer performed the ceremony.
The bride is the daughter of Luther and Nina Peterson of Crowley, Texas, and Pat and Donna Kane of Nashville, Tenn. The groom is the son of the late Dr. C. John and Donna Ritter, and stepmother, Marcia Ritter of Cape Girardeau.
Maid of honor was Jody Leslie and matron of honor was Tammy Britzke, both of Forrest City, Ark., and cousins of the bride.
Best man and groomsman were Steven and Daniel Southard of Cape Girardeau, respectively, stepbrothers of the groom. Ushers were Mark Rademaker of Cape Girardeau; Austin Clardy of Jackson, nephew of the groom; and Allen Frye of Nashville.
Flower girls were Claire Southard, Allie Stevens, Campbell Blum and Abby Leslie. Ringbearers were Landon Ricker and Corey Leslie. Claire is the daughter of Steven and Julie Southard of Cape Girardeau, niece of the groom. Allie is the daughter of Travis and Autumn Stevens of Jackson, great-niece of the groom. Campbell is the daughter of Donald and Jennifer Blum of Cape Girardeau. Abby is the daughter of Michael and Mary Leslie of Forrest City, cousin of the bride. Landon is the son of Mike and Dannette Ricker of Memphis, Tenn., cousin of the bride. Corey is the son of Michael and Mary Leslie, cousin of the bride.
Kristen Respondek of Cape Girardeau attended the guest book.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at Francine's. Servers were Hailey Clardy, Autumn Stevens and Lexi Hackett, nieces of the groom, and Kirby Munn, cousin of the bride.
The rehearsal dinner was hosted Aug. 27 by Marcia Ritter, Jane Cox and Kay Waller at the Ritter home.
Mrs. Ritter received a bachelor's degree from William Jewell College and a master's degree from Southeast Missouri State University. She is a counselor with Advance School District.
The groom received a bachelor's degree from Southeast. He works in human services.
The couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.