- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. — Zita E. Kirn, 90, of Perryville died Tuesday, March 24, 2009, at Independence Care Center of Perry County in Perryville.
She was born Nov. 18, 1918, in Perry County, daughter of Felix and Laura Roy Moore. She and Sylvester Leo Kirn were married Oct. 31, 1942. He died June 22, 1996.
Kirn was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church. She was a former member of St. Maurus Catholic Church and St. Ann Sodality at Biehle, Mo.
Survivors include two daughters, Carolyn Cooper of Fredericktown, Mo., Joan Hoffman of Perryville; a son, Alan Kirn of St. Louis; three sisters, Helen Welker and Verna Agnew of St. Louis, Bernice Winkler of Perryville; eight grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today and 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Friday at Young and Sons Funeral Home. The parish wake will be at 7 tonight. The rosary will be recited at 8:30 a.m. Friday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. Milton Ryan officiating. Burial will be in St. Maurus Cemetery.