- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Jean Chapman: Healer and artist
Renaissance man: 1. highly cultivated, skilled and well-versed in many fields of knowledge, as in the arts and sciences; 2. Dr. Jean Chapman.
Jean Chapman of Cape Girardeau died this week, and we remember his well-lived life and his broad range of interests. Not only was he a medical professional who excelled in his field, taught medical students and helped set standards in the field of allergy, asthma and immunology, he also distinguished himself both as an artist and as a patron of the arts. He had served as president of the Arts Council of Southeast Missourian and received the council's prestigious Otto F. Dingeldein Award for his many contributions to the advancement and support of the arts.
We join the community in expressing condolences to his family and our thanks for a life of compassion and beauty.