- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)9
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Jean Chapman: Healer and artist
Renaissance man: 1. highly cultivated, skilled and well-versed in many fields of knowledge, as in the arts and sciences; 2. Dr. Jean Chapman.
Jean Chapman of Cape Girardeau died this week, and we remember his well-lived life and his broad range of interests. Not only was he a medical professional who excelled in his field, taught medical students and helped set standards in the field of allergy, asthma and immunology, he also distinguished himself both as an artist and as a patron of the arts. He had served as president of the Arts Council of Southeast Missourian and received the council's prestigious Otto F. Dingeldein Award for his many contributions to the advancement and support of the arts.
We join the community in expressing condolences to his family and our thanks for a life of compassion and beauty.