- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Jean Chapman: Healer and artist
Renaissance man: 1. highly cultivated, skilled and well-versed in many fields of knowledge, as in the arts and sciences; 2. Dr. Jean Chapman.
Jean Chapman of Cape Girardeau died this week, and we remember his well-lived life and his broad range of interests. Not only was he a medical professional who excelled in his field, taught medical students and helped set standards in the field of allergy, asthma and immunology, he also distinguished himself both as an artist and as a patron of the arts. He had served as president of the Arts Council of Southeast Missourian and received the council's prestigious Otto F. Dingeldein Award for his many contributions to the advancement and support of the arts.
We join the community in expressing condolences to his family and our thanks for a life of compassion and beauty.