- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
Jean Chapman: Healer and artist
Renaissance man: 1. highly cultivated, skilled and well-versed in many fields of knowledge, as in the arts and sciences; 2. Dr. Jean Chapman.
Jean Chapman of Cape Girardeau died this week, and we remember his well-lived life and his broad range of interests. Not only was he a medical professional who excelled in his field, taught medical students and helped set standards in the field of allergy, asthma and immunology, he also distinguished himself both as an artist and as a patron of the arts. He had served as president of the Arts Council of Southeast Missourian and received the council's prestigious Otto F. Dingeldein Award for his many contributions to the advancement and support of the arts.
We join the community in expressing condolences to his family and our thanks for a life of compassion and beauty.