- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Coming to theaters 12/17/04
Starring Natalie Portman, Jude Law, Julia Roberts, Clive Owen and Nick Hobbs. Photographer Anna meets Dan, an aspiring novelist, at a photo shoot. But time passes and she goes on to marry dermatologist Larry. Meanwhile, Dan begins dating Alice, a stripper, but he continues an affair with Anna. After the secret relationship is exposed, Larry and Anna begin a flirtatious friendship. Rated R for sequences of graphic sexual dialogue, nudity/sexuality and language, running time 104 minutes. (Cape West Cine)
'Flight of the Phoenix'
Starring Dennis Quaid, Giovanni Ribisi, Tyrese Gibson, Miranda Otto and Hugh Laurie. A pilot and his crew are stranded in the Sahara Desert after their plane crashes. Desperate, they try to rebuild the plane with any salvageable parts from the wreckage. Rated PG-13 for some language, action and violence, running time 113 minutes. (Cape West Cine)
'Lemony Snicket's ... Unfortunate Events'
Starring Jim Carrey, Meryl Streep, Emily Browning, Kara Hoffman, Liam Aiken, Shelby Hoffman and Jude Law. When a mysterious fire burns down their house and kills their parents, Klaus, Violet and Sunny are sent to live with a scheming relative, Count Olaf, who has designs on their inheritance. Rated PG for thematic elements, scary situations and brief language, running time 108 minutes. (Town Plaza Cinema)
'Meet the Fockers'
Starring Robert De Niro, Ben Stiller, Dustin Hoffman, Teri Polo, Blythe Danner and Barbra Streisand. Ex-CIA man Jack Byrnes has given permission for his daughter to wed male nurse Greg Focker, and now he's taking his wife to Detroit to meet his future son-in-law's parents. Rated PG-13 for crude and sexual humor, language and a brief drug reference, running time 115 minutes. Starts Wednesday. (Town Plaza Cinema)
Starring Adam Sandler, Téa Leoni, Cloris Leachman, Paz Vega, Aimee Garcia and Sarah Steele. A Mexican woman named Flor and her 12-year-old daughter move in with an American family when she's hired on as their housekeeper. Flor doesn't speak English, so she has difficulty communicating with John, an award-winning chef married to Deborah, an account executive who left her work to be a stay-at-home mom. Rated PG-13 for some sexual content and brief language, running time 128 minutes. (Town Plaza Cinema)