- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
JONESBORO, Ill. — William Harold "Dago" Smith, 81, of Jonesboro died Tuesday, March 24, 2009, at his home.
He was born Nov. 10, 1927, in Wolf Lake, Ill., son of Willie and Nora Getting Smith.
Smith worked at Trojan Powder Plant 27 1/2 years before retiring.
Survivors include his children, Mike Smith, Pamela Kee, Rhonda Duty, Harold Smith and Kevin Smith, all of Jonesboro, Diana Reynolds of Dongola, Ill.; three sisters, Estelle Hancock of East St. Louis, Ill., Lilian Davis of Fairview Heights, Ill., Ester Willcut of Anna, Ill.; 16 grandchildren; 28 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Charles Smith officiating. Burial will be in Beech Grove Cemetery.