- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)14
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Bootheel Regional Juried Art Show accepts art
SIKESTON, Mo. -- The 25th annual Bootheel Regional Juried Art Show, sponsored by the Sikeston Depot Museum, will be accepting entries from local artists 18 and older, living within 75 miles of Sikeston. Art will be accepted from 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday and from 2 to 6 p.m. Monday. Works will be displayed and judged by April 2. A 1 p.m. reception and 2 p.m. awards presentation will be April 19. The exhibit will be featured until June 27. For more information, call 573-481-9967.
High School Art Exhibition starts Sunday
Student artists from Southeast Missouri and Southern Illinois will have art work displayed in the Crisp Museum from Sunday to April 19. Art from juniors and seniors was submitted and judged for the annual show. The opening reception and award ceremony will be from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday in the Crisp Museum.
-- From staff reports