- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Bootheel Regional Juried Art Show accepts art
SIKESTON, Mo. -- The 25th annual Bootheel Regional Juried Art Show, sponsored by the Sikeston Depot Museum, will be accepting entries from local artists 18 and older, living within 75 miles of Sikeston. Art will be accepted from 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday and from 2 to 6 p.m. Monday. Works will be displayed and judged by April 2. A 1 p.m. reception and 2 p.m. awards presentation will be April 19. The exhibit will be featured until June 27. For more information, call 573-481-9967.
High School Art Exhibition starts Sunday
Student artists from Southeast Missouri and Southern Illinois will have art work displayed in the Crisp Museum from Sunday to April 19. Art from juniors and seniors was submitted and judged for the annual show. The opening reception and award ceremony will be from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday in the Crisp Museum.
-- From staff reports