- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Helen H. Restemayer Acer, 83, of Ormond Beach, Fla., went home to be with the Lord on Thursday, March 12, 2009.
She was born Oct. 11, 1925, in Centralia, Ill., daughter of Jerome and Veneita Hasemeier. She and Clinton E. Restemayer were married June 27, 1948. He died March 17, 1976. She and Donald W. Acer Jr. were married April 15, 1989, in Ormond Beach.
Mrs. Acer moved to the Daytona Beach area in 1985 from Cape Girardeau. She was a devoted member of Christ Community Church in Daytona Beach, discussion leader with the Bible Study Fellowship and member of PEO.
She leaves to cherish her memory her husband; two sons, James C. Restemayer of Jefferson City, Mo., Robert H. (Sharmi) Restemayer of Ozark, Mo.; a brother, Kent Hasemeier of Columbus, Ga.; eight grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by a brother and two sisters.
A graveside service will be held at 1 p.m. Friday at Cape County Memorial Park, with the Rev. Paul Kabo officiating.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.