- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
Arlie Rister Jr.
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Arlie Otis Rister Jr., 72, of Chaffee died Wednesday, Dec. 15, 2004, at his home.
He was born July 7, 1932, at Chaffee, son of Arlie and Dora Stidham Rister Sr. He and Bonnie Mantel were married Oct. 14, 1957.
Rister retired as an engineer with Frisco Railroad Co. and Burlington Northern Railroad in Chaffee. He was a member of Calvary Baptist Church, VFW Post 3127, 32nd Degree member of Chaffee Masonic Lodge 615, and former member of Elks Lodge.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of the Korean Conflict.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Rusty and Ron Rister; a daughter, Robin Rister; a brother, Charles "Sonny" Rister, all of Chaffee; five grandchildren; three stepgrandchildren; and five great-stepgrandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 5 p.m. today. A Masonic service will be held at 7 p.m.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Jack Bishop officiating. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery, with graveside rites by VFW Post 3127.