- Sister: Shooting victim died a hero (9/30/16)12
- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)30
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville couple arrested on felony drug charges after sting operation (9/29/16)
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
Grada 'Babe' Naeter
Grada Naeter, known to family and friends as Babe, was the wife of the last member of the Naeter family to own the Southeast Missourian. Although she was not active in the management of the newspaper, she left her mark as a woman with passionate interests and a devotion to her family.
Mrs. Naeter was the wife of Harry Naeter Jr., who died in 1994 several years after the newspaper was sold, first to an international corporation and then to Gary Rust. Harry Naeter Jr. was the nephew of George and Fred Naeter, who founded the Southeast Missourian, which is celebrating its centennial.
Travel and a love of the outdoors marked Mrs. Naeter's well-lived life. She will be missed by both her immediate family and by her newspaper family.