- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Thankful people: Marble Hill woman been through much and remains thankful (11/24/16)
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)4
- Light Christmas: Thousands gather to view Parade of Lights (11/28/16)5
Grada 'Babe' Naeter
Grada Naeter, known to family and friends as Babe, was the wife of the last member of the Naeter family to own the Southeast Missourian. Although she was not active in the management of the newspaper, she left her mark as a woman with passionate interests and a devotion to her family.
Mrs. Naeter was the wife of Harry Naeter Jr., who died in 1994 several years after the newspaper was sold, first to an international corporation and then to Gary Rust. Harry Naeter Jr. was the nephew of George and Fred Naeter, who founded the Southeast Missourian, which is celebrating its centennial.
Travel and a love of the outdoors marked Mrs. Naeter's well-lived life. She will be missed by both her immediate family and by her newspaper family.