- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)21
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
Grada 'Babe' Naeter
Grada Naeter, known to family and friends as Babe, was the wife of the last member of the Naeter family to own the Southeast Missourian. Although she was not active in the management of the newspaper, she left her mark as a woman with passionate interests and a devotion to her family.
Mrs. Naeter was the wife of Harry Naeter Jr., who died in 1994 several years after the newspaper was sold, first to an international corporation and then to Gary Rust. Harry Naeter Jr. was the nephew of George and Fred Naeter, who founded the Southeast Missourian, which is celebrating its centennial.
Travel and a love of the outdoors marked Mrs. Naeter's well-lived life. She will be missed by both her immediate family and by her newspaper family.