- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)6
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)3
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Grada 'Babe' Naeter
Grada Naeter, known to family and friends as Babe, was the wife of the last member of the Naeter family to own the Southeast Missourian. Although she was not active in the management of the newspaper, she left her mark as a woman with passionate interests and a devotion to her family.
Mrs. Naeter was the wife of Harry Naeter Jr., who died in 1994 several years after the newspaper was sold, first to an international corporation and then to Gary Rust. Harry Naeter Jr. was the nephew of George and Fred Naeter, who founded the Southeast Missourian, which is celebrating its centennial.
Travel and a love of the outdoors marked Mrs. Naeter's well-lived life. She will be missed by both her immediate family and by her newspaper family.