- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
Grada 'Babe' Naeter
Grada Naeter, known to family and friends as Babe, was the wife of the last member of the Naeter family to own the Southeast Missourian. Although she was not active in the management of the newspaper, she left her mark as a woman with passionate interests and a devotion to her family.
Mrs. Naeter was the wife of Harry Naeter Jr., who died in 1994 several years after the newspaper was sold, first to an international corporation and then to Gary Rust. Harry Naeter Jr. was the nephew of George and Fred Naeter, who founded the Southeast Missourian, which is celebrating its centennial.
Travel and a love of the outdoors marked Mrs. Naeter's well-lived life. She will be missed by both her immediate family and by her newspaper family.