- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Police: Multi-state manhunt continues for escapees
CAMPBELLSBURG, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky State Police say the search continues for three inmates who escaped from an Indiana state prison and assaulted three Kentucky residents and stole guns, cash and clothing.
Trooper Kevin Woosley said on Tuesday that police are still receiving reports of sightings, but none had panned out. On Monday, troopers put out word to agencies in neighboring Ohio, Indiana, Tennessee, West Virginia, Virginia and Missouri to watch for the three inmates.
Earlier Monday, state Police Capt. Dean Hayes in Campbellsburg said the men took a dull green 1998 Ford Ranger 4X4 super cab with Kentucky registration plate 7824BZ from a home in Sanders in northern Kentucky.
The three escaped from the Branchville Correctional Facility in Indiana on Friday.