- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Fire destroys midtown St. Louis landmark
ST. LOUIS -- A fire causes the old Pevely Dairy Warehouse in St. Louis to collapse.
The plant is something of a landmark in the midtown area of St. Louis, though it has been vacant since October.
No one was hurt in the fire that broke out Sunday on the first floor. It quickly spread. Fire crews decided to let the building burn.
The cause of the blaze is under investigation. Firefighters say demolition crews were working in the building when the fire began.