- Sister: Shooting victim died a hero (9/30/16)9
- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)30
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville couple arrested on felony drug charges after sting operation (9/29/16)
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
Teen charged in N. Ireland police killing
LONDON -- Police say they have charged a 17-year-old suspect with the murder of a policeman in Northern Ireland.
The killing was the second of a pair of deadly attacks that shook Northern Ireland's fragile power-sharing government. It came two days after attackers killed two soldiers just outside a British army base.
The Police Service of Northern Ireland said the 17-year-old boy is accused of killing Constable Stephen Carroll on the night of March 9.
Both attacks were claimed by Irish Republican Army dissidents. The Continuity IRA took responsibility for Carroll's death.
Northern Ireland police said Monday the unnamed teenager was also charged with belonging to the Continuity IRA.