- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Riley Joseph Wheat, infant son of Duke and Sarah Sherrod Wheat of Holts Summit, Mo., died at birth Monday, Dec. 13, 2004, at Capital Regional Medical Center in Jefferson City, Mo.
Survivors include his parents; maternal grandparents, Charles and Connie Sherrod of Sikeston, Sheila Kirk of Columbia, Mo.; paternal grandparents, Dennis Wheat Sr. and Melody Cameron of Holts Summit; maternal great-grandparents, Virginia Sherrod and Bill and Lois Kirk of Sikeston; and paternal great-grandfather, Jesse Wheat of Holts Summit.
He was preceded in death by his maternal great-grandfather and paternal great-grandmother.
Friends may call at Old Bethel Baptist Church in Sikeston from 10:30 a.m. Friday until time of service.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the church, with the Rev. Amos Johnson officiating. Burial will be in Old Bethel Cemetery.
Nunnelee Funeral Chapel is in charge of arrangements.