- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
Apparition is amazing experience
To the editor:
In response to "Sharing Mary's messages": I went to Medjugorje in 1998. It was the most incredible experience in my life. After reading Wayne Weible's book "Medjugorje the Message" in one day in 1995, things have not been the same. I have learned more about my Catholic faith in nine years than I did in all my previous years combined. The church will one day give a decision on the authenticity of Medjugorje. Of course, like most of the millions who went to Medjugorje, I went because of the apparitions. One of Mary's messages says that if we had to decide between being present during an apparition or going to Mass, go to Mass. She said that she is closer to us at Mass than she is to the visionaries during an apparition.
TONY ROCHA, Freeland, Mich.