- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)
Apparition is amazing experience
To the editor:
In response to "Sharing Mary's messages": I went to Medjugorje in 1998. It was the most incredible experience in my life. After reading Wayne Weible's book "Medjugorje the Message" in one day in 1995, things have not been the same. I have learned more about my Catholic faith in nine years than I did in all my previous years combined. The church will one day give a decision on the authenticity of Medjugorje. Of course, like most of the millions who went to Medjugorje, I went because of the apparitions. One of Mary's messages says that if we had to decide between being present during an apparition or going to Mass, go to Mass. She said that she is closer to us at Mass than she is to the visionaries during an apparition.
TONY ROCHA, Freeland, Mich.