- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Children's exposure to meth via parents is growing; Mo. Children's Division seeing effects (9/18/16)8
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
Apparition is amazing experience
To the editor:
In response to "Sharing Mary's messages": I went to Medjugorje in 1998. It was the most incredible experience in my life. After reading Wayne Weible's book "Medjugorje the Message" in one day in 1995, things have not been the same. I have learned more about my Catholic faith in nine years than I did in all my previous years combined. The church will one day give a decision on the authenticity of Medjugorje. Of course, like most of the millions who went to Medjugorje, I went because of the apparitions. One of Mary's messages says that if we had to decide between being present during an apparition or going to Mass, go to Mass. She said that she is closer to us at Mass than she is to the visionaries during an apparition.
TONY ROCHA, Freeland, Mich.