- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Jumbo size: Rhodes 101 sets a world record with 15-foot, 4,700 gallon drinking cup (8/21/17)3
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Unions deliver signatures to block right-to-work in Missouri (8/20/17)40
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Apparition is amazing experience
To the editor:
In response to "Sharing Mary's messages": I went to Medjugorje in 1998. It was the most incredible experience in my life. After reading Wayne Weible's book "Medjugorje the Message" in one day in 1995, things have not been the same. I have learned more about my Catholic faith in nine years than I did in all my previous years combined. The church will one day give a decision on the authenticity of Medjugorje. Of course, like most of the millions who went to Medjugorje, I went because of the apparitions. One of Mary's messages says that if we had to decide between being present during an apparition or going to Mass, go to Mass. She said that she is closer to us at Mass than she is to the visionaries during an apparition.
TONY ROCHA, Freeland, Mich.