- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
Protect pregnant women too
To the editor:
I read the article titled "State bill would limit thimerosal" and was wondering why the proposed bill doesn't extend the banning of thimerosal in any medications or vaccines administered to pregnant women. The toxic mercury in thimerosal will overwhelm the partially developed autoimmune system of the fetus. Most states with bills that will be taken up in 2005 include women with child in the ban.
PAUL SHAPIRO, Great Neck, N.Y.