- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)21
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Community Q&A 12/16/04
* Name: Marilyn Wiggs
* Lives in: Cape Girardeau
* Family: Two children, one daughter-in-law and three grandchildren.
* Job: Retired from Southwestern Bell Telephone.
* What do you like most about the area? I feel this town has a lot to offer. You only have to be willing to look around to see the beauty, both in the people and the area. We are very fortunate to have good hospitals, good schools, great teachers and the opportunities of having the cultural events this town enjoys.
* Favorite food: Anything well cooked and nicely served.
* Favorite TV show: "Judging Amy"
* Best Advice: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
* Person you most admire: My mother.
* What would you do if you won the lottery? Try to remember I really didn't earn it so why not share it with those who have a need.
* Pet Peeve: People who forget to salute the flag.