- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Southern Baptists provide relief
To the editor:
Did you know that Southern Baptists have the third largest volunteer program in America after the Salvation Army and the Red Cross?
In response to the devastation in the wake of hurricanes Charley, Frances, Ivan and Jeanne, more than 7,000 Southern Baptists descended on the affected areas of the southeastern part of the United States.
Workers prepared more than 2.4 million meals and provided 30,000 showers. We had 65 disaster relief units from 38 state conventions.
Don't forget all the chain-saw crews that were working to clear the trees that were down.
DORRIS A. HUEY, Cape Girardeau