- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)8
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
Southern Baptists provide relief
To the editor:
Did you know that Southern Baptists have the third largest volunteer program in America after the Salvation Army and the Red Cross?
In response to the devastation in the wake of hurricanes Charley, Frances, Ivan and Jeanne, more than 7,000 Southern Baptists descended on the affected areas of the southeastern part of the United States.
Workers prepared more than 2.4 million meals and provided 30,000 showers. We had 65 disaster relief units from 38 state conventions.
Don't forget all the chain-saw crews that were working to clear the trees that were down.
DORRIS A. HUEY, Cape Girardeau