- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
Southern Baptists provide relief
To the editor:
Did you know that Southern Baptists have the third largest volunteer program in America after the Salvation Army and the Red Cross?
In response to the devastation in the wake of hurricanes Charley, Frances, Ivan and Jeanne, more than 7,000 Southern Baptists descended on the affected areas of the southeastern part of the United States.
Workers prepared more than 2.4 million meals and provided 30,000 showers. We had 65 disaster relief units from 38 state conventions.
Don't forget all the chain-saw crews that were working to clear the trees that were down.
DORRIS A. HUEY, Cape Girardeau