- Updated: Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/21/16)4
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
Southern Baptists provide relief
To the editor:
Did you know that Southern Baptists have the third largest volunteer program in America after the Salvation Army and the Red Cross?
In response to the devastation in the wake of hurricanes Charley, Frances, Ivan and Jeanne, more than 7,000 Southern Baptists descended on the affected areas of the southeastern part of the United States.
Workers prepared more than 2.4 million meals and provided 30,000 showers. We had 65 disaster relief units from 38 state conventions.
Don't forget all the chain-saw crews that were working to clear the trees that were down.
DORRIS A. HUEY, Cape Girardeau