- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)4
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)7
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
Southern Baptists provide relief
To the editor:
Did you know that Southern Baptists have the third largest volunteer program in America after the Salvation Army and the Red Cross?
In response to the devastation in the wake of hurricanes Charley, Frances, Ivan and Jeanne, more than 7,000 Southern Baptists descended on the affected areas of the southeastern part of the United States.
Workers prepared more than 2.4 million meals and provided 30,000 showers. We had 65 disaster relief units from 38 state conventions.
Don't forget all the chain-saw crews that were working to clear the trees that were down.
DORRIS A. HUEY, Cape Girardeau