- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Suspects leave trail of stolen goods
POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. -- To catch two suspects Monday, Poplar Bluff police needed only to follow the trail of stolen goods -- literally. In their haste to make off with stolen items, the thieves dropped some of them along the way, creating a series of clues for police to follow.
Police said the trail was about 100 yards long, and led from a burglarized store, DCC Enterprises, to a residence where the suspects were hiding with stolen merchandise.
Two juveniles were arrested. Items, worth about $850, ranged from candy bars and key chains to stereos, tools and television sets.