- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Loretta Joyce Skelton, 63, of Sikeston died Friday, Dec. 10, 2004, at her home.
She was born Dec. 30, 1940, at Hayti, Mo., daughter of Lawrence and Lottie King Welch. She and Leonard M. "Jack" Skelton were married Jan. 27, 1961. He died Feb. 13, 2001.
Skelton was a seamstess for Falkoff's Mens Shop and a member of Shady Acres Church of Christ.
Survivors include two sons, Keith and Jeff Skelton, both of Sikeston; a daughter, Karyn Placek of Sikeston; a brother, Larry Welch of Indianapolis, Ind.; two sisters, Lillian Weston of Santa Clarita, Calif., Ruth Lane of Cathedral City, Calif.; and five grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, five brothers and a sister.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel. Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with Rev. Robert Herring officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetry at Sikeston.