- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Loretta Joyce Skelton, 63, of Sikeston died Friday, Dec. 10, 2004, at her home.
She was born Dec. 30, 1940, at Hayti, Mo., daughter of Lawrence and Lottie King Welch. She and Leonard M. "Jack" Skelton were married Jan. 27, 1961. He died Feb. 13, 2001.
Skelton was a seamstess for Falkoff's Mens Shop and a member of Shady Acres Church of Christ.
Survivors include two sons, Keith and Jeff Skelton, both of Sikeston; a daughter, Karyn Placek of Sikeston; a brother, Larry Welch of Indianapolis, Ind.; two sisters, Lillian Weston of Santa Clarita, Calif., Ruth Lane of Cathedral City, Calif.; and five grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, five brothers and a sister.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel. Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with Rev. Robert Herring officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetry at Sikeston.