- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
A ranch with a twist
The looks of this newly built house at 3010 Patriot Drive in Cape Girardeau could be deceiving. It's a ranch-style home, but it looks bigger. The roof lines are high, and it looks much like a two-story dwelling. So it keeps the convenience of main-level living ranch with the look of a more classically designed home.
Outside, the rich look of brick is used on the front, while money-saving but low-maintenance gray vinyl siding is used on the sides and back. Giving this home even more of a visual impact is its elegant situation atop a hill. It has an attached two-car garage with brass lanterns on both sides that match the lantern at the home's entrance. The entrance door itself is an elegant sand color with inset beveled, leaded glass.
This three-bedroom, two-bath home optimizes visual space with volume ceilings and large windows to maximize natural light. The décor keeps it light with plush eggshell carpeting, light walls, and sand-colored ceramic tile used in the kitchen and foyer areas.
The living room's focus is a classic white-mantled gas log fireplace flanked with natural light on each side, through a large window to the left and a full-view patio door to the right. Three ceiling fans hanging from the volume ceiling create good air circulation and maximize heating and cooling efficiency.
The kitchen continues the focus on light and space with maple cabinets and sand-colored countertops that match the ceramic tile floors. A large bank of windows gives voluminous natural light. Appliances are modern white, including an above-range microwave. The double stainless steel kitchen sink is situated just below a large kitchen window, offering a cheerful view of the open back yard. The dining area features as its centerpiece an "old world" style chandelier in white with opaque globes.
The master bedroom includes a large and well-organized walk-in closet, and is attached to a luxurious master bath, which includes a tile-enclosed whirlpool garden tub. A large picture window frames it, bathing the room with light. A tiled step-in shower offers yet another refreshing bathing experience.
Each of this home's bedrooms are well-equipped with closet space and natural light, important features for any bedroom.
As an added plus, this home has an unfinished, walk-out basement with nine-foot ceilings. Both features give the area added versatility, and would make a wonderful family room, game room, or hobby room. The area also includes a roughed-in downstairs bathroom.