- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Leigh Ann Asmus and Christopher Paul Pender were united in marriage Oct. 9, 2004, at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Jackson. Monsignor Edward M. Eftink performed the ceremony.
The bride is the daughter of Sylvester and Pauline Asmus of Chaffee, Mo. The groom is the son of Paul and Lillian Pender of Millersville.
Matron of honor was Ruth Moran of Patton, Mo. Bridesmaids were Kathy Pender of Millersville, sister of the groom, and Lisa Asmus of Jackson, sister-in-law of the bride. Junior bridesmaid was Bailey Bliss, daughter of Mark and Joni Bliss of Cape Girardeau.
Dennis Moran of Patton was best man. Groomsmen were Timothy Kistner of Millersville, and Shawn Asmus of Jackson, brother of the bride. Junior groomsman was Andrew Pender of Scott City, son of the groom. Ushers were Daniel Asmus of Cape Girardeau, brother of the bride, and Jesse Meyer of Millersville, nephew of the groom.
Flower girl and ringbearer were Monica and Jordan Asmus, niece and nephew of the bride. They are the children of Shawn and Lisa Asmus.
Guest book attendant was Elizabeth Kistner of Millersville.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson.
The parents of the couple hosted the rehearsal dinner Oct. 8 at Delmonico's in Jackson.
Mrs. Pender is a 1992 graduate of Notre Dame High School. She is employed in the marketing department at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
The groom is a 1991 graduate of Jackson High School. He is employed at Jackson Tire Center in Jackson.
The couple resides in Millersville.