- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Leigh Ann Asmus and Christopher Paul Pender were united in marriage Oct. 9, 2004, at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Jackson. Monsignor Edward M. Eftink performed the ceremony.
The bride is the daughter of Sylvester and Pauline Asmus of Chaffee, Mo. The groom is the son of Paul and Lillian Pender of Millersville.
Matron of honor was Ruth Moran of Patton, Mo. Bridesmaids were Kathy Pender of Millersville, sister of the groom, and Lisa Asmus of Jackson, sister-in-law of the bride. Junior bridesmaid was Bailey Bliss, daughter of Mark and Joni Bliss of Cape Girardeau.
Dennis Moran of Patton was best man. Groomsmen were Timothy Kistner of Millersville, and Shawn Asmus of Jackson, brother of the bride. Junior groomsman was Andrew Pender of Scott City, son of the groom. Ushers were Daniel Asmus of Cape Girardeau, brother of the bride, and Jesse Meyer of Millersville, nephew of the groom.
Flower girl and ringbearer were Monica and Jordan Asmus, niece and nephew of the bride. They are the children of Shawn and Lisa Asmus.
Guest book attendant was Elizabeth Kistner of Millersville.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson.
The parents of the couple hosted the rehearsal dinner Oct. 8 at Delmonico's in Jackson.
Mrs. Pender is a 1992 graduate of Notre Dame High School. She is employed in the marketing department at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
The groom is a 1991 graduate of Jackson High School. He is employed at Jackson Tire Center in Jackson.
The couple resides in Millersville.