- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
PATTON, Mo. -- Esther Eula Doggett, 85, of Patton passed away Saturday, Dec. 4, 2004, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born April 19, 1919, in Patton, Mo., daughter of Wiley Joseph and Mary Margaret McGraw Gallup. She married William Grandison Doggett on June 22, 1939, and he preceded her in death on Dec. 16, 1995.
Mrs. Doggett was a USDA inspector for Johnny's Poultry Plant, a homemaker, a member of the Post Oak Congregational Methodist Church, where she served as a church secretary and treasurer for many years, and a member of the Happy Old People of Patton.
Survivors include one son and daughter-in-law, Larry and Velda Doggett of Sedgewickville, Mo.; one daughter and son-in-law, Kay and Jeff Gramling of Jackson, three granddaughters, Charlotte Bone of Kansas City, Mo., Dawn Sander of Patton, and Stephania Doggett of Cape Girardeau; two great-grandchildren, Erica Walley of Birmingham, Ala., and Trevor Bone of Kansas City.
She was preceded in death by her husband, parents, five brothers and four sisters.
Visitation will be at Liley Funeral Home in Patton from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Darrell Mills and Sam Roethemeyer officiating. Burial will be in Post Oak Cemetery.