- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
PATTON, Mo. -- Esther Eula Doggett, 85, of Patton passed away Saturday, Dec. 4, 2004, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born April 19, 1919, in Patton, Mo., daughter of Wiley Joseph and Mary Margaret McGraw Gallup. She married William Grandison Doggett on June 22, 1939, and he preceded her in death on Dec. 16, 1995.
Mrs. Doggett was a USDA inspector for Johnny's Poultry Plant, a homemaker, a member of the Post Oak Congregational Methodist Church, where she served as a church secretary and treasurer for many years, and a member of the Happy Old People of Patton.
Survivors include one son and daughter-in-law, Larry and Velda Doggett of Sedgewickville, Mo.; one daughter and son-in-law, Kay and Jeff Gramling of Jackson, three granddaughters, Charlotte Bone of Kansas City, Mo., Dawn Sander of Patton, and Stephania Doggett of Cape Girardeau; two great-grandchildren, Erica Walley of Birmingham, Ala., and Trevor Bone of Kansas City.
She was preceded in death by her husband, parents, five brothers and four sisters.
Visitation will be at Liley Funeral Home in Patton from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Darrell Mills and Sam Roethemeyer officiating. Burial will be in Post Oak Cemetery.