- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Steve L. Chandler, 55, of Marble Hill died Friday, Dec. 3, 2004, at his home, following an illness.
He was born July 12, 1949, in Cape Girardeau, son of Lynn and Wanda Ricketts Chandler. He and Julia Johnson were married April 18, 1992, in Marble Hill.
Chandler was a member of Lutesville Presbyterian Church and Marble Hill VFW Post 5900. He was co-owner and pharmacy technician of the 103-year-old Chandler Drug Store in Marble Hill.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of the Vietnam War and was awarded a Purple Heart.
Survivors include his wife.
He was preceded in death by a son.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Fred Ritter and Dr. John Englehart officiating. Burial will be in Bollinger County Memorial Park Cemetery, with full military honors by the U.S. Army.