- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Home for the holidays
With the hustle and bustle of the holidays, everyone needs a place to take some time to relax. The home at 156 Pocahontas Drive in Jackson offers a perfect holiday get-away.
Located outside of Jackson in Indian Springs Estates, it is close enough to Cape Girardeau and Jackson for holiday shopping, but far enough from the holiday traffic to be restful. Set on 1.28 acres, it has a large pond in the back yard with its own fishing dock. The yard is level and easily maintained in any season.
This brick ranch home has four bedrooms, three full baths, and two half baths. It has a finished basement with a large family room, and plenty of unfinished space for storage. It has an attached two-car garage, plus a separate, large carport, perfect to shelter a recreation vehicle, boat, or additional family cars.
The living room has a cathedral ceiling with a southwestern style ceiling border that works well with the neutral-toned walls and eggshell plush carpeting. The centerpiece of the living room is a gas log fireplace with a custom oak mantle, large enough to serve also as an entertainment center, or as a spot for collectibles. A cut-away wall between the living room and kitchen allows for an open feeling while preserving room boundaries.
The kitchen is very pleasant, with light jade green, tile-look linoleum and green-toned countertops on the oak cabinets. In addition to modern white appliances, including a side-by-side refrigerator with in-door drink and ice dispenser, range with microwave above, and electric dishwasher, this room has been well-planned. One of the cabinets features a glass door for display of favorite china and glassware pieces, and the cabinetry includes a nice communications center equipped to hold a television. A large pantry is another nice feature. Sliding patio doors lead from the nearby dining area to the back yard deck.
Also on the main level of this home is a bathroom decorated in sea foam green, another half bath near the kitchen with a white pedestal sink, and a roomy laundry area with a built-in, fold-down ironing board.
This home is unique in that it also has a room currently set up as a hair salon, opening the possibility for an in-home business, or conversion of the room for other purposes.
The master bedroom is also decorated in restful tones of green with eggshell carpeting, and features a large bay window overlooking the back yard pond. The master bath includes a tile-enclosed whirlpool tub, oak vanity, step-in shower with built-in seat, and a convenient door to another bedroom, thereby increasing the usability of the master bath. Both of the bedrooms adjoining the master bath also feature large walk-in closets.
Sturdy oak steps lead to the home's finished walk-out basement. A large bedroom is downstairs, making it a perfect mother-in-law suite. A downstairs bath also connects to another spacious bedroom.