- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Lucetra May Sperry, 83, of Florissant, Mo., formerly of Cape Girardeau, died Friday, Dec. 3, 2004, at DePaul Health Center in Bridgeton, Mo.
She was born May 3, 1921, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Claude O. and Grace Noland Devenport. She and Frank Sperry were married June 27, 1943, in Olathe, Kan. He died in 1970.
Sperry was a member of Centenary United Methodist Church and Eastern Star.
Survivors include a brother, Claude Devenport of Eureka, Mo.; three sisters, Vesta Eaker of Florissant, Nelda Devenport of Chesterfield, Mo., and Adriana Jung of St. Peters, Mo.
She was preceded in death by a brother.
There is no visitation.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home. The Rev. James Sanderson will officiate. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.